1. Private Terminals: Customers & their guests booked on private Charters will depart from private aircraft facilities ( not commercial terminals); information for which will be provided to them by Premier including full address, telephone numbers and directions as needed. Most of these terminals world wide provide first class services including lounges, complimentary drinks; car rental & limo services and concierge services for hotels if needed.
2. Travel Documents Required: Customers & their guests shall be solely responsible for having in their possession all required travel documents for flights, including passports, visas, drivers license and any additional documents requested by Premier. The customer & their guests must display their respective photographic identifications to the Pilot in command of the aircraft prior to each flight. If passengers are minors, proper documentation will be required in advance for proof of custody while in travel. These are strict TSA & FAA regulations, & there absolutely no exceptions to this rule.
3. Cancellation Policies: all bookings confirmed on a specific aircraft to be used for domestic travel in the U.S., must be cancelled in writing no later than 48 hours prior to departure date, and within 72 hours on all international flights. If cancelled within 24 hours before the scheduled departure time of the booked flight, the cancellation fee shall be any direct costs incurred by Premier Corporate Jet in addition to 50% of the contracted charter amount quoted. ONE WAY priced flights are to be prepaid in full at time of booking and are 100% NON-REFUNDABLE.
4. Weather or Mechanical Delays: In the event aircraft cannot land at destination airport because of weather issues, for safety reasons, or due to airport being closed, the crew will land aircraft at the nearest available airport, complying with all FAA regulations. Customer shall bear all costs associated with the diversion. In the event of a mechanical issue, Premier will accommodate customer on a similarly priced aircraft or Carrier.
5. Terms & Payment: Customer must approve and sign a Charter Contract Agreement and guarantee payment in advance with a credit card. The card will be authorized initially for the approximate cost of the trip and ultimately charged within 10 days for all final costs once the trip has been completed.
6. Aircraft Availability: Premier Corporate Jet is contracted with various domestic and worldwide Platinum ARGUS Carriers, that maintain fleets of Hawker, Falcon, Lear and Gulfstream Jets, among many others. Smaller turbo prop and single engine aircraft are also available for short haul charters.